Added some DoS limits, removed safe mode (0.3.19)
There's more work to do on DoS, but I'm doing a quick build of what I have so far in case it's needed, before venturing into more complex ideas. The build for this is version 0.3.19.
- Added some DoS controls
As Gavin and I have said clearly before, the software is not at all resistant to DoS attack. This is one improvement, but there are still more ways to attack than I can count.
I'm leaving the -limitfreerelay part as a switch for now and it's there if you need it.
- Removed "safe mode" alerts
"safe mode" alerts was a temporary measure after the 0.3.9 overflow bug. We can say all we want that users can just run with "-disablesafemode", but it's better just not to have it for the sake of appearances. It was never intended as a long term feature. Safe mode can still be triggered by seeing a longer (greater total PoW) invalid block chain.
- Date and time of publication:
- Category: Bitcoin Forum
- Source Author/From/Name: satoshi
- Source URL: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2228.msg29479#msg29479
- Person(s) mentioned: gavin
- Page was last modified: 1335 days ago