Re: Bitcoin and buffer overflow attacks
Quote from: da2ce7 on December 11, 2010, 05:49:22 AMdirect to IP address transfers seems like a obvious surface area to attack.
If you ever find anyone who turned it on. It's disabled by default.
Quote from: witchspace on December 11, 2010, 09:59:40 AMThere is no way to be absolutely sure that there are no buffer overflow attacks. Although it would help to implement the client in a language that doesn't have buffer overflows because it checks array indices (Python, Java, C#, ...).
It's all STL. There are almost no buffers.
- Date and time of publication:
- Category: Bitcoin Forum
- Source Author/From/Name: satoshi
- Source URL: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2208.msg29165#msg29165
- Person(s) mentioned: witchspace,da2ce7
- Page was last modified: 975 days ago